This video says about itself:
Slaves of Dubai
Most people know Dubai for its massive skyscrapers and luxurious hotels, but few know that the city was built by modern-day slaves.
For months, the BBC’s Ben Anderson hung out around the glittering, insane towers springing up in Dubai trying to infiltrate the community of expatriate workers who are putting them up. What he found when he finally got in was that the jewel of the Arab world is almost entirely built upon imported slave labor.
Three British holidaymakers suffered torture, beatings and electric shocks at the hands of police following their arrest in the United Arab Emirates last summer, human rights charity Reprieve said today: here.
Three British holidaymakers being held in Dubai on drugs charges faced a policeman alleged to have been involved in their torture in court today: here.
- UAE to try 94 citizens over plot to seize power: agency (dailystar.com.lb)
- Dubai Masseuses Return to Economy Seeking New Balance for … – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- Brits ‘tortured in Dubai’ due in court today (itv.com)
- Three Britons tortured in Dubai police custody, rights charity claims (guardian.co.uk)
- Facing death penalty: British tourists ‘tortured’ in Dubai… (independent.co.uk)
- Britons ‘tortured by Dubai police’ (bbc.co.uk)