This is a video about the Polders bij Poelgeest nature reserve in the Netherlands.
After last week, I went there again today.
In a canal near the entrance, a great crested grebe and a great crested cormorant swim and dive.
Gadwall, coot, moorhen.
A common tern flying.
Teal in the southern lake.
A group of goldfinches, mostly juveniles, feeding on thistles.
A bit further, a juvenile tufted duck.
Near the northern canal, two Egyptian geese parents with two goslings about half their size.
A bit later, three spoonbills near the northern lake island.
On a muddy southern lake islet, a snipe resting.
Snipe photos: here.
- Goodbye godwits, hello oystercatchers and buzzard (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- First godwits, redshank of 2013 (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- 10 February 2013 (cotswoldwaterpark.wordpress.com)
- French cranes, woodpeckers, and red kites (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Wildlife Wednesday: Yellow-billed Spoonbill (amywhiteheadresearch.wordpress.com)
- Rare bird finds home at Jungle Island (local10.com)
- Rare ducks and cranes in France, photos (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Dutch fish ladder for sticklebacks (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Marsh tits, parakeets, starlings and sanderlings (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)