The new research proves that the birds eat seagrass in a way which helps the seagrass to grow again next summer.
The research results have been published in the article: Ecosystem Engineering by Seagrasses Interacts with Grazing to Shape an Intertidal Landscape.
- Sparrowhawk against crows, and many wigeons (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Brent geese, sanderlings and plovers (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Golden Plover, Wigeon and a Marsh Harrier: First day wildfowling this season (theshotgunchef.wordpress.com)
- Seagrass Couple (theintrepidphotographer.wordpress.com)
- Texel bar-tailed godwits and fieldfare (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Otters Aid Seagrass Recovery (4thenaturesake.wordpress.com)
- 2 New Birds for the Life List at Chincoteague (ayearofbirding.com)