This video is called Kentish Plover (Charadrius alexandrinus).
Richel is a breeding ground for ringed plovers, Kentish plovers, little terns, and other birds. It is also an important resting place for gray seals. At high water, the sand bank is a flood refuge, where many species of wading birds rest and, while cleaning their feathers, wait until they can forage at low tide.
- Waterbird count around Larnaca this morning, 21st September (cyprusbirdingtours.com)
- Watching Birds (and abstaining from Cheese, alas) (fmbintern.wordpress.com)
- Little ringed plover, young goldfinches (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Ringed Plover in flight (parrotletsuk.typepad.com)
- Ten thousands dunlin, one curlew sandpiper, six seals (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Killdeer (Charadrius vociferus) (parrotletsuk.typepad.com)
- Trip report: Day’s guiding 8th May 2013, Limassol (cyprusbirdingtours.com)
- Larnaca area this morning 14th August 2013 (cyprusbirdingtours.com)
- Bird migration on Terschelling island (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)