This video says about itself:
1 August 2012 by Al Jazeera English
New research is under way on the alarming increase in birth defects in the Iraqi city of Fallujah, showing elevated levels of radioactivity in the city and across the country. Iraqi doctors have long reported a spike of cases involving severe birth defects in Fallujah since 2004 which are shocking in their severity. So is the US being honest about the weapons it used in the 2004 battle for the city, and in its other theatres of war? Guests: Ross Caputi, Dai Williams, Raed Jarrar.
See also here.
A new study confirms what many Iraqi doctors have been saying for years – that there is a virtual epidemic of rare congenital birth defects in cities that suffered bombing and artillery and small arms fire in the U.S.-led attacks and occupations of the country: here.
Human Dignity: A Casualty of War. Matt Southworth, Friends Committee on National Legislation: “As a bright-eyed nineteen-year-old soldier in Iraq in 2004, I was faced with a crisis of conscience. I thought I was going to Iraq to help free Iraqis, but instead I was a part of a mission to put them in a different kind of prison”: here.
In a report presented at the University of Michigan last Wednesday, “The epidemic of birth defects in Iraq and the duty of public health researchers,” Dr. Muhsin Al Sabbak, a gynecologist from Basra Maternity Hospital, and Dr. Mozhgan Savabieasfahani, an environmental toxicology researcher, reviewed the ever-growing mountain of data showing that rates of cancer, child cancer and birth defects (BD) have reached historically unprecedented levels in Fallujah and other Iraqi cities since the 2003 US invasion: here.
A decade after the US military waged two barbaric sieges of Fallujah, the Iraqi city is once again the scene of a bloody armed conflict: here.
Armed clashes erupt around besieged Iraqi city of Fallujah: here.
War Not Over: U.S. Occupation Is Still Poisoning Iraq’s Children. Environmental toxicology report ties elevated levels of lead in children to bombings and ammunition: here.
- “Huge rise” in birth defects in Fallujah (occupytvstations.com)
- RT @BeyondAid: Fallujah has seen a five-fold increase (and rising) in birth defects since US siege during Iraq War http://t.co/VBCFplbV (independent.co.uk)
- Horrors of war: US, UK munitions ’cause birth defects in Iraq’ (rt.com)
- Iraq records huge rise in birth defects, New study links increase with military action by Western forces (refreshingnews99.blogspot.in)
- The victims of Fallujah’s health crisis are stifled by western silence | Ross Caputi (guardian.co.uk)
- US Bombing of Iraq: The Toxic Legacy Continues (commondreams.org)