This video is called Cormorant’s Deep Sea Dive Caught on Camera.
From the Wildlife Conservation Society:
July 31, 2012
Fitted with a tiny camera on its back, an imperial cormorant dove to the ocean floor to pursue a meal. Although conservationists know these seabirds seek underwater snacks, they never anticipated the depths of their fishing feats, as captured in this video. The WCS team that worked with the National Research Council of Argentina to track the “super-bird” has studied cormorant feeding behavior in the Patagonian Sea for the past decade.
- A brief history of Cormorant fishing (vivianawebsite.wordpress.com)
- Birds at Sunset Cliffs (satnavandcider.wordpress.com)
- 8 Little Black Cormorants (sapphicscientist.wordpress.com)
- A day on the bay: Seal and shark (learntodivetoday.co.za)
- Can we please have a scientific cormorant policy in Minnesota? [Greg Laden’s Blog] (scienceblogs.com)