This video is called Eelgrass (Zostera marina) underwater in Ireland.
Now, the Dutch Wadden Sea Society reports that an attempt to bring the eelgrass back to the Dutch Wadden Sea has started successfully. Last year, volunteers collected 100,000 seagrass plants near the German island Sylt.
They brought them to the Dutch Wadden Sea. It turns out that the plants are doing well.
More common eelgrass will be brought in from Germany.
It also makes good food for brent geese.
See also here.
- Mining seagrass (abc.net.au)
- Vero Beach fisherman angling to protect critical seagrass habitat (tcpalm.com)
- On the other side of the Island: the Wadden (beachterschelling.wordpress.com)
- Maine Restores Undersea Plants to Protect Economy (scientificamerican.com)
- The Soma Difference: Texel Wool from Green Sleep (somasleep.wordpress.com)