This video, about clerical sexual child abuse in Ireland, is called Oath of Secrecy.
From daily The Morning Star in Britain:
Wednesday 02 May 2012
by Our Foreign Desk
The revelations became public after those victims sued Cardinal Brady and the church for damages and won confidential settlements.
Mr Boland said his own father had not been allowed in the room when Cardinal Brady questioned him about Mr Smyth’s sexual assaults.
Cardinal Brady had the 14-year-old boy sign an oath of secrecy – a measure that the church insists was designed to protect the boy, not the church.
Prominent Irish child abuse support group One in Four said Cardinal Brady previously declared he would resign if his actions had resulted in unnecessary abuse of even a single child and should follow through on that promise now.
“The documentary suggests that many children could have been protected from the sexual predator if Cardinal Brady had not been so invested in protecting the church,” One in Four said.
- Brother and sister file suit against Cardinal Sean Brady over Brendan Smyth abuse case (irishcentral.com)
- Siblings suing Brady must prove issue on previous case (irishtimes.com)
- Is This Cardinal Brady’s Last Stand? (insightscoop.typepad.com)
- Priest lashes out at cardinal over ‘malicious complaints’ (mumbailaity.wordpress.com)
- Seal of confession imperiled after Irish sex-abuse report (insightscoop.typepad.com)
- Silenced priest Fr Iggy O’Donovan gets freedom of town honor in Drogheda (irishcentral.com)
- In other ITCCS Ireland News: Black Ops and New Protests (itccs.org)