This video is called Red-Tailed Hawk vs. Rattler.
From the Cornell Lab of Ornithology in the USA:
LIVE: Red-tailed Hawk Nest
A new nest camera high above a Cornell University athletic field is streaming crystal-clear views of a Red-tailed Hawk nest via the Cornell Lab of Ornithology’s All About Birds website. The new camera stream puts viewers 80 feet off the ground and right beside the nest, where they can watch the hawks arrive, see them taking turns incubating the eggs, and compare notes on the two birds—the male has a more golden-tawny face and is slightly smaller than the female, who has been nicknamed “Big Red” for her alma mater.
The nest should be active for at least the next two months, and we hope you’ll join us as we watch the young birds hatch and grow. The parents have raised young here for at least the last four years. As signs of spring began to show, the pair began adding sticks and green pine boughs to the nest, and the male started bringing prey, such as squirrels and pigeons, to offer the female. The pair now has two eggs, laid last Friday and on Monday, and we’re waiting to see if they lay a third. The birds will incubate for 28-35 days from the date the first egg is laid.
To make sure no one misses out on the early stages of this Red-tailed Hawk story, we’ve put together a temporary page on our All About Birds website where we invite you to watch these magnificent birds. The site will be live 24 hours a day and the video can be streamed in HD. You can also watch on mobile devices such as smartphones and iPads. A full-featured BirdCams site will launch in late April with many more species, including Osprey, Black Vulture, and Great Horned Owl.
Enjoy the view!
Red Tailed Hawks’ Courtship Flight: here.
Top 5 Wild Bird Webcams: here.
- Cornell red-tailed hawks nest update (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Nest 1, Hawk 0: Nesting Great Blue Herons Threatened by Red Tailed Hawk (babsjeheron.wordpress.com)
- Another Glorious Weekend of Raptors (queenofwildcalifornia.wordpress.com)
- A Hawk, a Woodpecker and an Owl (bobzeller.wordpress.com)
- Birding is for young and old… (bobzeller.wordpress.com)
- The Red Tailed Hawk’s Guide to Hitchhikers (babsjeheron.wordpress.com)
- Red-tailed Hawk (tomwarrenphoto.wordpress.com)
- Injured Red-Tailed Hawk rescued in downtown Richmond (wtvr.com)
- Soaring Around the House… (dancingaspensfarm.wordpress.com)
- Red-tailed Hawk Release (patriotledger.com)