This video says about itself:
http://greenpeace.org/savethearctic – On 24 Feb 2012 in the Port of Taranaki, New Zealand seven Greenpeace activists including actor Lucy Lawless scaled the derrick on a drillship commissioned by Shell to drill for oil in the Arctic.
This video is called Lucy Lawless protests with Greenpeace.
This is a photo of Lucy Lawless in her Xena, Warrior princess role.
Lawless, other Greenpeace activists, arrested: here.
Lawless vs. Shell update, February 2013: here.
Nearly 30,000 registered Belizeans – that’s almost 20% of the country’s voting population – cast a ballot on the issue of offshore drilling. The results? 96% to 4% voted against offshore drilling. We think this is irrefutable evidence that the Belizean government needs to act responsibly, and either end plans to allow drilling in its reef, or allow a public referendum to determine the national policy: here.
- ‘Xena’ actress Lucy Lawless receives sentence for oil protest (noliesradio.org)
- Lucy Lawless says trespass ruling ‘great victory’ (boston.com)
- ‘Xena’ actress fined over New Zealand oil protest (entertainment.inquirer.net)
- ‘Xena’ Star Lucy Lawless Happy After Receiving Sentence For Trespassing During Environmental Protest (contactmusic.com)
- ‘Xena’ actor Lucy Lawless says her sentence for trespassing during protest is ‘great victory’ (timescolonist.com)
- Anonymous Hackers Target Oil Majors (misco.co.uk)