This is a video about the Sint-Pietersberg caves.
The buttoned snout winters much more rarely there: this year, only three moths.
22 peacock butterflies were counted, about the same number as in earlier years.
This year, there were five wintering small tortoiseshell butterflies.
Very unusual colouration of a Silver Y moth: here.
Dutch butterflies in 2012: here.
- Winter butterflies in Britain (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Local moth enthusiast sights two new species (thebhutanese.bt)
- Birds come down to earth in the year of the slug (independent.co.uk)
- Helping British butterflies (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Praying Mantis Eating Moth (outbackjoe.com)
- Program aims to breed rare Minn. butterflies (sfgate.com)
- Year of the slug: 2012 was a washout for gardeners but perfect for pests (dailymail.co.uk)
- Giant Atlas moth found on windowsill in Ramsbottom (sott.net)