This video about soldiers refusing to fight during World War I is called Christmas In The Trenches.
Stop the War on Christmas: Cease Fire in Afghanistan. Robert Naiman, Truthout in the USA: “The Christmas truce has a rich history … In December 1914, as war raged in Europe, Pope Benedict XV called for a Christmas cease-fire … In one of the most compelling acts of mass civil disobedience in the 20th century, rank-and-file troops carried out the action that the Pope had called for, negotiating local Christmas cease-fires on the Western Front…. Maybe, if we get busy, by Christmas 2014, the guns in Afghanistan will be silenced for good”: here.
A History of the First World War in 100 Moments: When the guns fell silent for Christmas: here.
- Premier League donates football pitch to Ypres (flanderstoday.eu)
- New pitch to commemorate war match (belfasttelegraph.co.uk)
- A Christmas Truce – a time for peace and a time for war. (biptoblog.wordpress.com)
- The Christmas Truce (futilitycloset.com)
- Londoners gather to stop the war machine (voiceofrussia.com)