The Portuguese Society for the studies of birds, SPEA/ BirdLife in Portugal, launched its campaign “Travel with the Bird of the Year” in order to raise funds which will be used to determine priority areas for conservation. Those areas will be based on the flight of the Bird of the Year 2011, the Cory’s Shearwater: here.
Do Seabirds Differ from Other Migrants in Their Travel Arrangements? On Route Strategies of Cory’s Shearwater during Its Trans-Equatorial Journey: here.
- Another two flamingos shot dead (timesofmalta.com)
- In Plymouth, Hurricane Sandy brings out the birdwatchers (boston.com)
- Illegal hunting at sea (timesofmalta.com)
- Dwejra’s lights out (timesofmalta.com)
- United States birds at risk (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- In pursuit of offshore birds (bangordailynews.com)