Yesterday, to Gooilust nature reserve.
Various fly agaric and other fungi.
Nuthatch and robin sound.
Two buzzards circling in the air together.
Later, just one buzzard. Four jackdaws fly around it, trying to drive it away.
A male southern hawker dragonfly, flying, then resting on a plant. Maybe this is one of the last days of its life: the nights are already getting colder as winter approaches.
This is a video about the metamorphosis from southern hawker larva to adult.
Impacts Of Roadways On Dragonflies: here.
- Woodpecker nest at the cemetery? (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- British dragonfly research milestone (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Tree pipit, Montagu’s harrier, skylark (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Nuthatch, treecreeper, redstart (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- The Damselfly (treasuraa.wordpress.com)
- Haiku April 26, 2013 Dragonflies (artprescription.com)