Bahraini, Saudi dictatorships continue oppression


This video is called Bahraini doctors, nurses charged for helping injured.

Bahrain Forces Fire Tear Gas at Protesters, Ignoring Popular Demands for Rights: here.

From the Voice of Russia today, about Sitra in Bahrain:

It was also reported that one demonstrator was killed.

From Gulf Daily News:

Bahraini freed from Saudi jail

By Sandeep Singh Grewal, Posted on Thursday, September 15, 2011

A BAHRAINI held in custody without trial in Saudi Arabia for nearly three weeks was released yesterday.

Mohammed Jaffar Janahi, a member of the National Unity Assembly (NUA), was arrested by border authorities on August 27 while crossing the causeway to Saudi Arabia.

“We are glad that Mohammed is free and is back with his family in Bahrain,” said NUA member Abdulla Hashim.

He said Mr Janahi was released following the intervention of NUA president Dr Shaikh Abdullatif Al Mahmood.

Mr Hashim said the NUA head personally took up the case with top officials in the Bahrain government.

“He was arrested by Saudi authorities despite showing them documents from the Saudi Embassy that his name was removed from the blacklist,” he said.

Mr Hashim, who heads the legal team, along with Dr Al Mahmood later in the evening met Mr Janahi at his residence in Hajeyat.

There were joined by friends and relatives gathered to meet Mr Janahi.

At the time of his arrest, Mr Janahi was travelling with his business colleague Ahmed Abdulla when they were stopped at a Saudi checkpoint.

Mr Abdulla then said Saudi police interrogated Mr Janahi for 30 minutes and later said there was an order for his arrest.

Earlier this year, Mr Janahi told the GDN that he was involved in a bad car accident, which required regular physiotherapy and treatment.

Mr Janahi was a prominent human rights activist and headed a committee called Ansar Akhak (support your brother) where he fought for human rights and the freedom of other Bahraini detainees in Saudi Arabia.

They include Abdulraheem Al Murbati, Abdulla Majeed Al Nuaimi and Hassan Yabis, who are still being held in Saudi without trial.

Mr Al Murbati has been detained in Saudi prison since June 2003 for alleged terror links.

His brother Isa was one of six Bahrainis detained at Guantanamo Bay and was released in August 2007 after almost six years in custody.

Mr Al Nuaimi, a former Bay inmate, was detained at Saudi checkpoint on King Fahad Causeway in October 2008 and Yabis was arrested at a Saudi check-point in August 2008.

Bahrain: Governement says Jawad Ahmed died due to sickle cell. Brother says it was due to tear gas fired by police: here.

Britain: A theory has emerged as to just how the personal website of controversial bus millionaire Brian Souter came to be stuffed deep into Google’s closet of invisibility. It appears that the (probably inadvertent) culprits may have been a group of Bahraini freedom fighters: here.

THE SAUDI royal family is afraid. Very, very afraid. A crisis of leadership is brewing: here.

4 thoughts on “Bahraini, Saudi dictatorships continue oppression

  1. September 14, 2011 7:25 PM

    Bahrain man dies after inhaling tear gas

    (AP) MANAMA, Bahrain — Relatives of a man in Bahrain say he has died after inhaling tear gas fired by security forces trying to disperse anti-government protesters in the Gulf kingdom.

    The death could further increase tensions on the island nation between the ruling Sunni monarchy and majority Shiites seeking greater rights.

    A brother of 35-year-old Sayyed Jawad Ahmed says he died after inhaling tear gas fired at protesters Tuesday night. The brother, Mohammed, says Ahmed was hospitalized and died Wednesday.

    Bahrain’s health ministry confirmed the death in a statement Thursday, saying Ahmed died from “acute respiratory syndrome distress.”

    More than 30 people have died since protests began in February inspired by other Arab uprisings.

    Like

  2. Bahrain Seeks to Purchase M1152A1B2 HMMWVs and TOW-2 Missiles

    14:02 GMT, September 15, 2011 WASHINGTON | The Defense Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA) notified U.S. Congress on September 14 of a possible Foreign Military Sale (FMS) to the Government of Bahrain for Armored High Mobility Multi-Purpose Wheeled Vehicles, TOW Missiles and associated equipment, parts, training and logistical support worth an estimated $53 million.

    The Government of Bahrain has requested a possible sale of 44 M1152A1B2 Armored High Mobility Multi-Purpose Wheeled Vehicles (HMMWVs), 200 BGM-71E-4B-RF Radio Frequency (RF) Tube-Launched Optically-Tracked Wire-Guided Missiles (TOW-2A), 7 Fly-to-Buy RF TOW-2A Missiles, 40 BGM-71F-3-RF TOW-2B Aero Missiles, 7 Fly-to-Buy RF TOW-2B Aero Missiles, 50 BGM-71H-1RF Bunker Buster Missiles (TOW-2A), 7 Fly-to-Buy RF Bunker Buster Missiles (TOW-2A), 48 TOW-2 Launchers, AN/UAS-12A Night Sight Sets, spare and repair parts, support and test equipment, publications and technical documentation, personnel training and training equipment, U.S. Government and contractor engineering, technical and logistics support services, and other related elements of logistical and program support. The estimated cost is $53 million.

    This proposed sale will contribute to the foreign policy and national security of the United States by helping to improve the security of a major non-NATO ally that has been, and continues to be, an important force for political stability and economic progress in the Middle East.

    The proposed sale will improve Bahrain’s capability to meet current and future armored threats. Bahrain will use the enhanced capability as a deterrent to regional threats and to strengthen its homeland defense.

    The proposed sale of this equipment and support will not alter the basic military balance in the region.

    The prime contractors will be AM General in South Bend, Indiana, and Raytheon Missile Systems Corporation in Tucson, Arizona. There are no known offset agreements proposed in connection with this potential sale.

    Implementation of this proposed sale will not require the assignment of any additional U.S. Government or contractor representatives to Bahrain.

    There will be no adverse impact on U.S. defense readiness as a result of this proposed sale.

    This notice of a potential sale is required by law and does not mean the sale has been concluded.

    Company or Organisation Contact:
    Charles Taylor
    +1 (703) 601-3859

    Paul Ebner
    +1 (703) 601-3670

    http://www.defpro.com/news/details/27848/?SID=90789da57e05372a8ddfbc06497ced32

    Like

  3. HERE TO STAY

    Posted on » Friday, September 16, 2011

    MANAMA: International companies that have remained loyal to Bahrain were hailed yesterday.

    They have continued to operate in the kingdom despite recent incidents, and are reaping the benefits.

    His Royal Highness Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa, Crown Prince and Deputy Supreme Commander, yesterday thanked these global companies for continuing to operate here.

    He was speaking as he received, at Riffa Palace, American Express Middle East chief executive officer William Keliehor.

    HRH the Crown Prince took pride in the distinguished “success story” of American Express, and noted that it has become one of the pillars of the kingdom’s economy ever since it chose Bahrain to be the centre of its regional operations 34 years ago.

    He also said that company’s employment of Bahrainis exceeds 70 per cent of its staff, which testifies to its confidence in the capabilities of Bahraini human resources.

    Investment in the Bahraini individual’s potential is given top priority in the kingdom, HRH the Crown Prince stressed.

    He added that the kingdom is looking forward to enhancing its co-operation and co-ordination with the company, pledging that the needed support for the success of its operations in Bahrain will be provided.

    Mr Keliehor reiterated the company’s commitment to its partnership with the kingdom where its regional office is located. He also affirmed that its services and operations in the kingdom have grown steadily over the years thanks to Bahrain’s positive economic atmosphere.

    Head of HRH the Crown Prince’s Court Shaikh Khalifa bin Daij Al Khalifa and adviser to HRH the Crown Prince Shaikh Ahmed bin Khalifa Al Khalifa attended the meeting. .

    http://www.gulf-daily-news.com/NewsDetails.aspx?storyid=313570

    Like

  4. Bahrain to host GCC united military command

    Last Updated: Wednesday, December 26, 2012, 13:22

    Manama: Bahrain will host the first Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) United Military Command to deter threats against the region and further strengthen military ties between the six oil-rich states, Bahraini foreign minister said.

    Shaikh Khalid bin Ahmed Al Khalifa announced Tuesday that the GCC United Military Command will work as an umbrella that brings together the Gulf nations’ joint military force in terms of coordination, planning and command, reported Xinhua.

    The remarks were made during a joint press conference with GCC Secretary-General Abdullatif Al Zayani after the 33rd GCC Summit held in Bahrain.

    The GCC United Military Command “is an entity that will bring all efforts together under one umbrella”, the foreign minister added.

    IANS

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.