This video is called Call of the Great Northern Diver (known in North America as the Common Loon).
From The Petition Site:
Protect Loons From Mercury Poisoning
Right now, we have the chance to protect loons, fish and other wildlife from toxic mercury pollution because the Environmental Protection Agency is deciding whether to limit mercury pollution from coal-burning power plants.
Speak up for the Common Loon. Urge the Environmental Protection Agency to set strong limits on mercury pollution from coal-burning power plants today!
You can sign the petition here.
WHITE HOUSE WEAKENS MERCURY REGULATIONS The Trump administration is taking steps to significantly weaken a major Obama-era regulation that curbs the amount of mercury that power plants are allowed to emit. [HuffPost]
- The Common Loon and the Snowy Owl (shariblaukopf.com)
- Public Health Group Adopts Contradictory Positions on Mercury (foodconsumer.org)
- EPA’s Weaker Coal Rule Not Weak Enough for Coal Industry – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- Lake Powell mercury warning stirs pot (azdailysun.com)
- Loons dying due to avian botulism (record-eagle.com)
- Avian botulism kills off hundreds of loons and other birds (howardmeyerson.com)
- Nearly 100 Mayors Speak Out in Support of Mercury Safeguards (sierraclub.typepad.com)