21 June, the “Baillon’s crake reserve”.
Near the entrance, a reed bunting sings.
This is a reed bunting video.
In a canal a juvenile great crested grebe, a coot, and a female gadwall.
One canal further to the left, two little grebes, calling.
An adult coot tries in vain to bring a too big reed stem to its nest, while its chick watches.
In the northern lake, the water level is higher than a week ago. On an island, a juvenile lapwing, about half adult size.
A small tortoiseshell butterfly.
Two great crested grebe adults with a juvenile.
An Egyptian goose.
Back near the southern lake: two redshanks drive away a magpie.
- 23 November 2013 (cotswoldwaterpark.wordpress.com)
- Wetland birds counts (blashfordlakes.wordpress.com)
- November 25th 2013 – Mudbank – West Lodge (birdingexmouth.wordpress.com)
- Larnaca and Akhna this morning 18th October (cyprusbirdingtours.com)
- Country diary: Broom, Bedfordshire: The grebe juvenile still relies on its parent for a catch (theguardian.com)
- Grebes on Farmoor Reservoir last weekend (naturephotographersltd.wordpress.com)
- 17 October 2013 (cotswoldwaterpark.wordpress.com)
- Texel bar-tailed godwits and fieldfare (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- The Bennerley Bugle No. 16 (thebennerleybugle.wordpress.com)
- Words and Birds (blashfordlakes.wordpress.com)