First, to the Westerkolk hide at Waal en Burg reserve.
Black-tailed and bar-tailed godwits.
Sedge warbler singing.
A lapwing drives away a marsh harrier.
Later, in a meadow, common gulls.
A buzzard flies past.
Sounds of whitethroat, willow warbler, and pheasant.
A male hen harrier flies past.
This is a video about hen harriers on Texel.
A male wheatear on a dune.
A cuckoo calls.
A linnet on a bush.
A sedge warbler sings while flying.
As we walk back, a lesser ringed plover.
Waal en Burg, other nature reserves, plans: here.
- Hen harrier, avocets, redshanks (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Rutland Water Visit June 29th 2013 (abbeybirder.wordpress.com)
- Titchwell Marsh RSPB visit 22 / 09 / 2013 (abbeybirder.wordpress.com)
- 09/12/13 – dragged myself away from Quarteira. (davehutton.wordpress.com)
- 7 May 2013 (cotswoldwaterpark.wordpress.com)
- Rutland water visit 12/10/2013 (abbeybirder.wordpress.com)
- 25 April 2013 (cotswoldwaterpark.wordpress.com)
- Upton CP Birdhide (cgriffith11.wordpress.com)
- Ruff, redshank and wigeon (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- 14 May 2013 (cotswoldwaterpark.wordpress.com)