This music video is called X Ray Spex – The day the world turned dayglo.
From the New Musical Express in Britain:
Poly Styrene, former singer with X-Ray Spex, has died of cancer aged 53.
The singer’s death was confirmed this morning (April 26) to NME by her UK spokesperson.
The punk icon, real name Marian Joan Elliott-Said, revealed that she was suffering from the illness in February this year.
X-Ray Spex formed in 1976 in London and released one studio album, 1978’s ‘Germ Free Adolescents‘. Poly went on to have a solo career and her latest solo album, ‘Generation Indigo’, was released on March 28 this year.
See also here.
- Poly Styrene and punk’s perfect Christmas single (theguardian.com)
- Poly Styrene’s Dreaming of a Black Christmas (bryanrutt.blogspot.com)
- New Poly Styrene Single! (bryanrutt.blogspot.com)
- New Wave for the New Week #67 (bryanrutt.blogspot.com)
- Christmas Spirit (theteenagekickspreservationsociety.wordpress.com)
- Sister Styrene (stylebubble.co.uk)
- The survival and spread of riot grrrl online (vagreligion.wordpress.com)
- Alternative feminist anthems (jellyandlilipop.wordpress.com)
- Punk: The Early Years (1978) (savagehippie.wordpress.com)