This video is called Bald eagle catches salmon.
By Lisa Grossman in the USA:
Baby Bald Eagles Will Hatch on Live Webcam
March 29, 2011
Two new cameras positioned above the eagles’ nest provide an unprecedentedly clear window into eagle domestic life. The expectant parents built their nest 80 feet up a cottonwood tree near the Decorah Fish Hatchery in 2007, and all 8 of their children have entered the world under a filmmaker’s gaze.
But the new cameras, plus a computer upgrade, will bring a sharper view to more people than ever before. One camera runs automatically and streams footage of the nest 24/7, switching to infrared at night. The other is remotely controlled from a nearby equipment shed, where bird conservation expert Bob Anderson, executive director of the non-profit Raptor Resource Project, will pan, tilt and zoom in on the nest.
According to Anderson, viewers will be able to see tiny cracks lacing through the eggs before they hatch. The zoomed-in view gets so close, you can count the scales on the eagles’ feet.
Last year, the eaglecam received more than 325,000 unique visitors from 125 countries. All the attention maxed out the bandwidth of nearby Luther College, which had been hosting the site.
The eagle family made their cinematic debut in a 2008 PBS documentary called “American Eagle.”
See also here.
Bald Eagles Become Internet Sensation: here.
Aquatic ecologist studies silent killer of bald eagles: here.
Red-tailed hawks up close and personal on this nest cam! Here.
- Bald eagles spotted in Lake Hemet (swrnn.com)
- Florida Bald Eagle’s Nest Webcam Goes Viral (tampa.cbslocal.com)
- Alcoa EagleCam named a top webcam (qctimes.com)
- Decorah Eagle, D1, Makes it Home for the Holidays (kcrg.com)
- Bald eagle webcam wows world (clickorlando.com)
- Wind turbine company Nextera & MNR destroy Bald Eagle Nest & habitat (ontario-wind-resistance.org)
- State drops winter bald eagle count as population swells (patriotledger.com)
- 2nd Decorah Eagle Electrocuted on Power Pole (kcrg.com)
- Outrage after bald eagle nest removed to clear road for wind turbines in Ontario (sunnewsnetwork.ca)