Not just in the United States armed forces, nazis (and other criminals) are welcome to help occupy Iraq and Afghanistan (contrary to unwelcome gay people).
From The Age in Australia:
Victorian neo-Nazi used as medic in Afghanistan
March 23, 2011
A NEO-NAZI organiser from Victoria has been working as a private military contractor in Afghanistan, mocking locals and holding secret ceremonies commemorating the deaths of German soldiers in World War II.
Kenneth Stewart, 36, has worked as a military-trained paramedic, accompanying aid workers around Afghanistan. His Facebook page shows a swastika flag in his room in Kandahar, and another picture shows him surrounded by Afghans he refers to as ”my nignogs” with a friend adding the comment ”it’s lovely to see a white man back in control of the subhuman”. On Stewart’s Facebook page he regularly makes disparaging comments about Afghans, Aborigines, Jews and others.
He has worked as a medic for several aid groups based in Kandahar, including the United Nations Development Program.
The Age made several attempts to contact Mr Stewart, but received no reply.
In Melbourne, he helps recruit white supremacists to the local branch of the Southern Cross Hammerskins, an international neo-Nazi group. He described himself on one internet forum as a ”skinhead, mercenary, pork-eating viking; not bad just misunderstood”.
Anti-facist groups in the US say there are growing numbers of neo-Nazis working in the expanding private military sector, and that the Hammerskins are considered to be among the best organised and most violent neo-Nazi groups in America.
The beliefs and photos posted by Mr Stewart have been condemned by the United Nations and the contractor who hired him on their behalf.
Spokesman Brian Hansford said the UN was ”horrified by these … disturbing images”.
On Armistice Day last year, Mr Stewart posted on a white supremacist website that he and his colleagues in Kandahar had a service commemorating World War II soldiers, including Germans and Italians ”that did what they thought was right regardless of which side they were on”.
The Age has not been able to establish who Mr Stewart worked for in Afghanistan last year, but it is clear from photos on his Facebook page that he was doing similar work.
One Australian security company that has employed him said it repudiated any far-right views and said the images he posted on Facebook should be removed.
Security experts say any Nazi or racist references could risk endangering the Coalition troops fighting under the NATO banner, including personnel from the Australian Defence Forces.
In the US, an intercepted 2009 email purported to show Oregon fascist organiser Randy Krager warning his colleagues not to email him about his racist skinhead group while he was working in Afghanistan. The email read: ”All communications from the mid-east are monitored by dept. of defense and/or cia … so I will have some contact but will not be able to discuss any business, not even vaguely.”
The Southern Cross Hammerskins also organise music festivals where far-right bands perform in front of vetted audiences. Their next festival is on the Gold Coast next month.
Helen Redmond exposes the lie that the U.S. war on Afghanistan was about liberating women–and describes the struggle of women themselves for equality: here.
Most Britons unsure of Afghan mission aims – poll: here.
Defence takes aim at racist postings
24 Mar, 2011 09:08 PM
THE Defence Force has launched an investigation after Australian soldiers serving in Afghanistan posted racist messages and apparently insulted the Prime Minister, Julia Gillard, on their Facebook pages.
In one message, a soldier serving in Afghanistan refers to locals as ”sand niggaz” and ”dune coons”, and jokes about running them over with his vehicle.
Most of the images and comments were posted on publicly accessible website pages.
Australian troops in Afghanistan are able to access and update Facebook pages through wireless internet terminals at even the smallest, most remote bases, but are told firmly what material they can and cannot post.
There are dozens of official and unofficial Defence Force Facebook groups, with many soldiers using photographs of themselves in Afghanistan as profile pictures.
The Acting Chief of Army, Paul Symon, was shocked by the messages, some of which appeared to refer to Ms Gillard as a ”f—ing ranga” and mocked the Foreign Affairs Minister, Kevin Rudd.
One soldier has posted a photograph of an Afghan street, and other soldiers have posted derogatory comments beneath it, including one which suggests the first soldier should have beaten an Afghan with his rifle, known as ”butt stroking”.
”Last but not least, the poof riding the girl’s bike [you] should have stuck a stick in his spokes then butt stroked him. He didn’t do anything, just pisses me off. Happy shooting!” the comment reads.
Under a picture posted of a soldier with Mr Rudd, another soldier writes: ”You should have punched the dick out of him … did he wave to a couple of camera crews and no crowd? I’ve seen him do that before … what a tool.”
Major-General Symon said thousands of other Australian soldiers would be disgusted by the Facebook posts.
”It is totally unacceptable and does not represent army values of courage, initiative and teamwork,” he said in a statement.
‘These soldiers have demonstrated a lack of decency and professional judgment, and brought discredit to themselves and disrepute to the army and the ADF.”
Major-General Symon said the investigation could have ”career-defining consequences” for the soldiers in question.
”What is happening here will cause deep offence to a lot of people,” he told the Seven Network. ”I know the training we put our soldiers through is the best training in the world.
”I struggle to understand, with all the training that we do and with the quality of soldiers that we have, that that sort of language has been posted.”
Last year Israeli soldiers caused a furore in their country when they posted pictures on Facebook of them posing with shackled and blindfolded Palestinian prisoners.
03/25/2011 9:32 AM HKT
Australia supports mining governance in Afghanistan
Australia will share its mining expertise with Afghan public servants as part of Australia’s commitment to strengthen the Afghan Government.
Today, Foreign Minister Kevin Rudd met with the Afghan Minister of Mines, Mr Wahidullah Shahrani, who welcomed the scholarships that will enhance Afghan mining skills and knowledge.
“The surge in the Afghan mining sector has enormous potential to improve the country’s economic sustainability,” Mr Rudd said.
“Australia’s expertise in mining exploration, extraction, processing, transport, environmental protection and legislation has Australia well placed to offer specialised education in this area.”
Successful candidates will commence their post‐graduate scholarships at Australian universities in 2012.
Mr Rudd said it is hoped the Afghan public sector staff will return to senior managerial positions in the Afghan Government, where they will design and implement national mining policy.
“These new scholarships build on the efforts of Afghans such as Ms Ghazaal Habibyar who has previously won an Australia Awards scholarship. Ms Habibyar completed a Masters Degree in
International and Development Economics in December 2009 at the Australian National University and upon returning to Afghanistan, became the Director of Policy in the Afghan Ministry of Mines.
“Building skills through higher education is one of the best development investments we can make,” Mr Rudd said.
More than 100 Australian Development Scholarships have been offered to Afghans since 2009.
Keeping the internet lid on our ugly Australians
March 26, 2011
WHEN private people allow their ugly inner man or woman to parade on Facebook, it is the private person who suffers. Anyone stupid enough to post vulgar or offensive remarks or pictures that become public is likely to find themselves suddenly in strife in their relationships or their workplaces, depending on the nature of the indiscretion. But when such postings are made by people in an organisation that represents the nation, there can be grave consequences that reach far beyond the culprit. When the postings involve Australian soldiers making racist sneers about the Afghan people they have been sent to protect, the consequences could be devastating.
The Defence Force has launched an investigation into soldiers in Afghanistan who used Facebook to post comments about Afghans being ”sand niggaz” and ”dune coons”, being smelly, and being in need of ”butt-stroking” – slang for beaten with a rifle. Other postings joked about Afghans having sex with dogs. Not surprisingly, the Australian Defence Association has warned that the comments risked undermining Australia’s efforts in Afghanistan. Spokesman Neil James said: ”You’re protecting a counter-insurgency war, where the support of the local people is important. You don’t want to give the enemy propaganda.”
Soldiers are young and sometimes have not yet developed a mature world view. Being trained and required to use weapons against others can also produce an understandable desensitisation in some; it is one of the many unhappy byproducts of war. But it is important that the boundaries between emotions and actions are enforced. These soldiers should be brought to book. It is embarrassing and destructive that such racist views have been made so public. It would be even more appalling if such attitudes were to go unchecked among their peers. Seeing the ”enemy” as less than human has been a key factor in most war atrocities. The Defence Force’s cultural education of its troops in Afghanistan is not yet done.
Flats searched in neonazi arson case
GERMANY: Police searched 24 flats in Baden-Wuerttemberg and the Saarland today in connection with an arson attack on five foreign nationals on Sunday.
Neonazis set fire to a shed in Winterbach where Italian and Turkish nationals had barricaded themselves after a clash with the fascists.
They managed to break out before the fire took hold.
One was bady beaten.
Elsewhere Brandenburg state banned the neonazi Free Forces of Teltow-Flaeming today, the sixth fascist group to be banned in the state since 1995.
Afghanistan wants private soldiers out
by The Canadian Press – Story: 72610
Mar 18, 2012 / 11:00 am
The Afghan government is giving companies extensions ranging from a few weeks to 90 days to change from private security guards to a government-run force, officials said Sunday.
The reprieve comes just three days before the March 21 deadline that the Afghan government had set for the majority of companies to start using government-provided security.
Private development companies have said the move is threatening billions in U.S. aid to the country because companies would delay projects or leave altogether because they didn’t feel safe using strictly local security over whose training and procedures they have little control.
President Hamid Karzai has railed for years against the large number of guns-for-hire in Afghanistan, saying private security companies skirt the law and risk becoming militias.
It’s been part of Karzai’s larger push for more control over the way his international allies operate in Afghanistan, as seen most recently in his call for NATO troops to pull back from village outposts and to hand over security responsibilities to Afghans more quickly.
Karzai said in 2009 that he wanted private security firms abolished and eventually set the March deadline for all companies except military or diplomatic facilities to use government guards. The ban would effectively end the wide-scale presence of foreigners acting as security contractors, an industry that boomed after the invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan.
The extensions did not appear to represent a change in policy as much as a recognition that the switch to government guards was taking longer than envisioned.
The process has been chaotic and has been weighed down by lengthy contract negotiations, making it appear unlikely in recent weeks that the Afghan Public Protection Force would be ready to take over for some 11,000 private guards by the deadline.
Companies that have yet to sign contracts are being allowed to continue to use private guards for a limited period of time, most ranging from 30 days to 90 days, said the head of the APPF agency, Jamal Abdul Naser Sidiqi.
Sidiqi argued that this did not amount to a major change as much as a “revised implementation plan.”
“This is a process. And on the 21st we are continuing our transition,” Sidiqi said. “We are just clarifying the deadline for every individual company.” In February, Sidiqi told The Associated Press that the entire handover would be finished by March 21.
A number of deals have already been signed. So far, the APPF has signed 16 contracts with companies to provide security and licensed 14 “Risk Management Companies,” according to a NATO official who spoke anonymously to discuss the inner workings of an Afghan government program. The Risk Management Companies will essentially act as go-betweens for companies and the government agency in order to help manage the guards, payments and help hold the Afghan guards to an international standard.
But Afghan officials have said that there are about 75 companies they need to sign contracts with in order to complete the switchover and there were worries that holding to the March 21 deadline would create security gaps.
If the changeover doesn’t happen smoothly, a raft of international aid projects could be in danger. Insurgents regularly attack development projects here, so private development companies that implement most of the U.S. aid agency’s programs employ private guards to protect compounds, serve as armed escorts and guard construction sites.
Most companies working on development projects are being issued temporary 30-day permits for their private security guards, while companies working on convoy contracts are being given 90 days, the NATO official said. The development companies have a shorter extension because their projects tend to be easier to guard and many are already close to having a contract negotiated, the official said.
Lt. Gen. Daniel Bolger, the commander of NATO’s training mission in Afghanistan, said the extra time was inconsequential.
“While some firms will operate for a short period under interim licenses, all will now be under APPF and full Afghan sovereignty,” Bolger said.
One element to the delay may have been that international military advisers who are helping the Afghan officials were blocked from going to the APPF offices following the shooting deaths last month of two Interior Ministry advisers by an Afghan driver. The APPF advisers are back at their offices now, though with some increased security, according to the NATO official.
Controversies caused by some contractors’ behaviour, ranging from violence to cultural insensitivity, has given the private security industry a bad name among many Afghans. There have not been as many clashes in Afghanistan as there were in Iraq, but there have certainly been cases of contractor misconduct.
In 2010, for example, U.S. Senate investigators said Xe, the company formerly known as Blackwater, hired violent drug users to help train the Afghan army and declared “sidearms for everyone,” even though employees weren’t authorized to carry weapons. The allegations came as part of an investigation into the 2009 shooting deaths of two Afghan civilians by employees of the company.
Pingback: Early Australian withdrawal from Afghan bloodbath | Dear Kitty. Some blog
Pingback: African-English-Australian labour activist William Cuffay | Dear Kitty. Some blog
Pingback: Nazis in United States armed forces | Dear Kitty. Some blog
Pingback: Blackwater mercenaries for UAE dictatorship | Dear Kitty. Some blog
Pingback: British mercenaries in the Middle East | Dear Kitty. Some blog
Pingback: British soldiers’ nazi salutes in Afghanistan | Dear Kitty. Some blog
Pingback: Australian government plans to celebrate bloody World War I | Dear Kitty. Some blog
Pingback: Bush’s 2003 Iraq invasion caused 2014 bloodshed, general says | Dear Kitty. Some blog
Pingback: American nazi arrested for triple murder in Washington | Dear Kitty. Some blog
Pingback: Philadelphia, USA policeman with nazi tattoo | Dear Kitty. Some blog
Pingback: Racists taking over United States police | Dear Kitty. Some blog
Pingback: Racist murders African American in New York City | Dear Kitty. Some blog
Pingback: Afghan feminist on US army atrocities | Dear Kitty. Some blog
Pingback: Australian occupiers’ nazi flag in Afghanistan | Dear Kitty. Some blog
Pingback: American mercenaries’ nazi flag in Afghanistan | Dear Kitty. Some blog
Pingback: Australian senator joins neo-nazi anti-African rally | Dear Kitty. Some blog
Pingback: Australian nazi massacre in Christchurch, New Zealand | Dear Kitty. Some blog
Pingback: Christchurch murderer, no lone wolf, preventable? | Dear Kitty. Some blog