This video says about itself:
April 22, 2011
Amber Lyon‘s CNN report on flagrant human rights abuse in Bahrain. Richard Sollum of Physicians for Human Rights calls it the worst they’ve ever seen. Bahraini security forces intimidate and torture hospitalized opposition members.
Protesters camped out in Manama’s Pearl Square today to maintain pressure on Bahrain‘s US-allied monarchy to open meaningful talks with the opposition after nearly a week of protests and a bloody crackdown: here.
Bahrain protesters’ anger focused on privileges granted to forces: here.
British trade unionists got behind their comrades fighting for rights in the Arab world today with a message of solidarity to their counterparts in Bahrain: here.
Britain: Stop the War Coalition convener Lindsey German welcomed at the weekend the ongoing upsurge for democratic rights in Egypt and other Arab states, insisting on the need for all dictators to be removed: here.
Egypt: Workers stop an NDP [Mubarak’s party] regrouping meeting in Alexandria: here.
This is a Dutch TV video on the protests in Morocco.
Libyan militiamen fired machine-guns at mourners marching in a funeral for anti-government protesters in Benghazi today, a day after soldiers used assault rifles and other heavy weaponry against demonstrating civilians: here.
USA: Around 70,000 working people converged on Wisconsin’s State Capitol on Saturday for the fifth consecutive day of protests against a Republican plan to scrap the collective bargaining rights of public-sector staff: here.
- Bahrain 14 August pro-democracy demonstration (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Bahrain dictatorship jails protesters (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Stop Irish medical complicity with Bahrain dictatorship (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Bahraini monarchy keeps violating human rights (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Q&A: No Justice for Tortured Bahraini Journalist (ipsnews.net)
- Bahrain absolute monarchy update (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)