This is a shoveler video.
Today, again where the Baillon’s crakes have nested.
Canada geese and gray lag geese.
A male shoveler. Magpies.
It is sunny. About 7 degrees centigrade. The water level is high. Two Egyptian geese on a small island in the lake.
The sound of a little grebe.
A grey heron flies away.
Metallaoui, S., Maazi, M. C., Saheb, M., Houhamdi, M., & Barbraud, C. (2014). A comparative study of the diurnal behaviour of the Northern Shoveller (Anas clypeata) during the wintering season at Garaet Hadj-Tahar (North-East Algeria) and Garaet Timerganine (Algerian highlands). Turkish Journal of Zoology 38:..-.. doi:10.3906/zoo-1212-1 PDF
- Blackbirds, moorhens, tufted ducks in winter (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- 10 February 2012 (cotswoldwaterpark.wordpress.com)
- Common gulls, black-headed gulls, wood pigeons (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Shoveller @ Llanbwchlyn (radnorshirebirds.wordpress.com)
- 13 January 2012 (cotswoldwaterpark.wordpress.com)
- Herring gulls and carrion crows (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Dutch geese and swans counted (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Texel bar-tailed godwits and fieldfare (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Iberian migrants (lochlevennnr.wordpress.com)