22 December 2010.
Rain in the morning. Unusual for this arid region.
8:18: a rainbow in the direction of the Atlas mountains.
Cattle egrets on a field.
After yesterday, first to the Gorges du Todra mountain canyon.
Various insect species live at the Gorges du Todra.
A blue rock-thrush. Serins.
Many pale crag martins.
A black wheatear.
Later, at 13:15, a white-crowned wheatear on a wire.
A painted lady butterfly.
Dog’s tooth grass in an irrigated area.
15:04: twenty cattle egrets in an oasis.
At 15:40, we reach Erfoud.
In the desert just before Merzouga, we find a dead red fox. Road kill.
Finally, we arrive in Merzouga.
The importance of reforestation with pine for birds nesting in woodlands – Case of the Woodpigeon in an Aleppo pine plantation in the Central Middle Atlas area (Morocco): here.
- Agios Sozomenos and Athalassa again today 30th November (cyprusbirdingtours.com)
- Cyprus Birding Tours Trip Report – Day’s guiding Paphos, November 8th 2013 (cyprusbirdingtours.com)
- Trip report – Day’s guiding Paphos, 29th October 2013 (cyprusbirdingtours.com)
- Itchen Meadows 03/12/13 – Winter Thrushes (translatedbirdsong.wordpress.com)
- House Sparrow (tomwarrenphoto.wordpress.com)
- Terschelling island wheatears helped by horses (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- February 19th, Grey Wagtails and Dippers. (parrotletsuk.typepad.com)
- Tour in Morocco (moroccobedouintravelblog.wordpress.com)