Today, to the cemetery.
A nuthatch climbing up a big tree, singing and looking for food.
A bit later, another (?) nuthatch, going down on another tree.
On the pebbles, a butterfly resting. It is a comma.
Groups of Pholiota squarrosa mushrooms near tombstones.
Yesterday, a jay here in a tree top.
A few days earlier here, another (?) jay, flying from tombstone top to tombstone top.
And robin, magpie, and nuthatch sounds.
The smallest of North American nuthatches, the unique pygmy nuthatch, uses nest helpers and roosts communally in winter: here.
- Nuthatches squat woodpecker’s nest (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Woodpecker nest at the cemetery? (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Nuthatch fixes nest entrance, video (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Nuthatch, treecreeper, redstart (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Pygmy Nuthatch (paulrrulon.wordpress.com)
- Red-breasted Nuthatch (aeoaviary.wordpress.com)
- From the Caravan Hide (parrotletsuk.typepad.com)
- Chffchaffs come to drink at the Caravan Hide trough. (parrotletsuk.typepad.com)