This video from the USA is called Tony Judt‘s Last Interview on Charlie Rose.
From British daily The Guardian today:
Historian Tony Judt dies aged 62
Author of Postwar and New York University professor dies after two-year fight with motor neurone disease
* Jamie Doward
* Saturday 7 August 2010 18.43 BST
Tony Judt, the British writer, historian and professor who was recently described as having the “liveliest mind in New York”, has died after a two-year struggle with motor neurone disease.
Considered by many to be a giant in the intellectual world, Judt chronicled his illness in unsparing detail in public lectures and essays – giving an extraordinary account that won him almost as much respect as his voluminous historical and political work, for which he was feted on both sides of the Atlantic.
Judt was born in 1948 and grew up in south London. His mother’s parents had emigrated from Russia; his father was Belgian, descended from a line of Lithuanian rabbis.
His academic career began with a history degree and PhD at Cambridge and took him eventually to New York University, where he was the Erich Maria Remarque professor in European studies, director of the Remarque Institute and a renowned teacher.
- Tony Judt Remembered (adomesticghost.wordpress.com)
- Tony Judt Was Justified in His Scorn for Friedrich Hayek: Henry Farrell Is Not Aware of All Internet Traditions Department (delong.typepad.com)
- Stupidest Thing I Have Read This Month… (delong.typepad.com)
- Thinking the Twentieth Century. Tony Judt & Timothy Snyder (2013) (queuniversidade2.wordpress.com)
- Daniel Davies Watches the Hayekian Yahoos Attack the Late Tony Judt (delong.typepad.com)
- Tony Judt writes movingly about having Lou Gehrig’s Disease (ALS) (3quarksdaily.com)
- Even as ALS tightens its grip, Tony Judt remains outspoken (3quarksdaily.com)
- Postwar by Tony Judt (booksintheblogosphere.wordpress.com)
- Ill fares the land (myapostil.wordpress.com)