Four young children perished in a house fire in northern California on Wednesday. The blaze was sparked by a candle that was being used because the local utility provider, PG&E, shut off electricity at the home for non-payment: here.
This video from the USA says about itself:
Oakland Teachers held a One-Day Strike on April 29th for the future of the students, the school district and the community.
State budget cuts, misguided OUSD spending forced a call to action.
Picketing started at 5:30 a.m and there was a noon rally in Frank Ogawa Plaza.