Britain and Germany announced their own investigations into the role of investment bank Goldman Sachs in losses incurred by UK and German banks, following Friday’s indictment of Goldman by the US Securities and Exchange Commission: here.
Goldman Sachs Earnings: Bank’s Profit Skyrockets To $3.5 Billion For First 3 Months Of Year: here.
Inside-Out: Goldman Sachs in the Spotlight: here.
Goldman Sachs Leans Republican: here.
A managing director at Goldman Sachs has been charged with raping a 20-year-old woman in an East Hampton home he rents with his wife: here.
Under the banner of “Good Jobs Now! Make Wall Street Pay” Chicago labor and allies will be marching on LaSalle Street, Chicago’s version of Wall Street. The march on Wednesday, April 28th (11am, Willis Tower, 233 S. Wacker Dr.) is part of a series of demonstrations aimed at the banks and big investment houses. Chicago’s action is aimed at Goldman Sachs, headquartered in the Willis Tower, formally the Sears Tower. The Chicago action is the day before Richard Trumka, president of the AFL-CIO, will lead a demonstration on Wall Street. Other major actions are also being planned around the country: here.
Ireland: Quinn Insurance has been placed in administration for “serious and persistent breaches” of the solvency rules governing insurance companies: here.
- Goldman Sachs: Taxes For You, But Not For Us (nationalreview.com)
- Goldman Sachs seeks $7m legal fees from Rajat Gupta (telegraph.co.uk)
- Bailout-loving Goldman Sachs gives early bonuses to avoid taxes (americablog.com)
- Goldman Sachs’ New Partners: The List (blogs.wsj.com)
- Goldman Sachs Was Like a ‘Frat on Steroids,’ Says Former Female Employee (jezebel.com)
- Book Review: Why I Left Goldman Sachs By Greg Smith (seekingalpha.com)
- Goldman Sachs Puts Four on Leave After Options Error, FT Reports (bloomberg.com)
- Pam Martens ~ Goldman Sachs’ Busted Trades; Busted Confidence In Fixing Wall Street (shiftfrequency.com)
- Goldman Sachs denies aluminium price-rigging – Telegraph (telegraph.co.uk)