This afternoon, again to the old harbour, where the weather was better than this morning.
On the banks, blue tit and redwing.
This is a redwing video.
And, where was the female common pochard of yesterday? Finally, as we were leaving, we discovered her. Swimming near the tufted ducks, and diving more often than them.
Breeding evidence of Common Pochard Aythya ferina at Lake Réghaia (North Algeria). After an absence of nearly 50 years, breeding was again assessed for the Common Pochard in Algeria. Nesting was found in 2009 and 2010 at Lake Réghaia. The six nests found in 2010 showed a mean clutch size of 8.16 eggs/nest. The first hatching occurred in May and the last one in the first week of July. Hatching success was of 66.66 %. The main causes of hatching failure were predation and egg abandonment. Nests are made of Typha and Phragmites leaves: here.
Beautiful bird photos: here.
- Pictoral Birding list – 6 weeks in (with non pict) Count of 63 (bitterbirder.wordpress.com)
- Rutland Water Visit June 29th 2013 (abbeybirder.wordpress.com)
- Upton Warren Natuyre Reserve 27 – 06 – 2013 (abbeybirder.wordpress.com)
- 26 June 2013 (cotswoldwaterpark.wordpress.com)
- 26 July 2013 (cotswoldwaterpark.wordpress.com)
- L’dod Lake & Cefnllys (radnorshirebirds.wordpress.com)
- Upton Warren Nature Reserve Visit 12 June 2013 (abbeybirder.wordpress.com)
- 23 July 2013 (cotswoldwaterpark.wordpress.com)
- Cosmeston (glamorganbirds.wordpress.com)
- All things ornithological at Blashford lakes (blashfordlakes.wordpress.com)