This video from Britain says about itself:
See also here.
56-year-old chimpanzee gives birth: here.
Wild chimps have learnt how to seek out and deactivate traps set to kill them by human hunters: here.
Paul Raffaele: Meeting (almost) every great ape: here.
Chicago, IL, USA. Evolutionary divergence of humans from chimpanzees likely occurred some 8 million years ago rather than the 5 million year estimate widely accepted by scientists, a new statistical model suggests: here.
Chimps released into Guinea Forest have formed a breeding group: here.
Chimps hunt monkey prey close to local extinction: here.
Known as the as the Nigeria-Cameroon chimpanzee, the subspecies, first identified in 1997, is restricted to pockets of forested habitat in both nations. Between 3,500 and 9,000 remain in the wild clinging to a region of high human population density and subject to habitat destruction, fragmentation, and poaching. These factors have led to the extinction of the chimp across much of its former range: here.
A 25-year-old chimpanzee shows that speech perception is not a uniquely human trait: here.
- E.U. Patents on Transgenic Chimps Challenged (news.sciencemag.org)
- Chimp and human gut bacteria nearly identical (cbsnews.com)
- The Great Chimp Tech Boom (news.discovery.com)
- Chimps in Uganda: Lessons from Washoe (blogs.scientificamerican.com)
- Welcome Your New Primate Overlords: Chimp Tech Is on the Rise (geeksaresexy.net)
- Chimps and orangutans may experience midlife crises, say scientists (guardian.co.uk)
- Humans, Chimpanzees and Monkeys Share DNA but Not Gene Regulatory Mechanisms (engineeringevil.com)
- Explorer of the Week: Jill Pruetz (newswatch.nationalgeographic.com)