This video from the USA is called Rethink Afghanistan.
By Siân Ruddick in England:
Blockade Brown’s Afghanistan conference
More than 50 activists attended the London activists meeting to discuss demonstrations and blockades outside the conference on Afghanistan and Yemen, and a day of action outside the Chilcot inquiry when Tony Blair gives evidence on the invasion of Iraq.
The conference is due to take place on 28 January at Lancaster House in central London. It will see world leaders gather to back the surge and the spread of the war. Stop the War is calling on activists across the country to mobilise large numbers for the day. The call particularly goes out to students as it is on a weekday.
Tony Blair is due to appear in front of the Iraq Inquiry in the fortnight after 25 January. A day of street theatre, speeches and protest will take place outside the inquiry on the day. The meeting resolved to start organising and building for the day now, preparing those involved to respond quickly when the precise date is announced.
Britain is growing so risk-averse that the public may no longer tolerate deployment of the military, the Armed Forces Minister said yesterday: here.
Obama to ask for USD33 billion for Afghan troop buildup: here.
The Obama administration is now intervening into the seething social and political cauldron of Yemen in pursuit of Washington’s economic and strategic ambitions. In doing so, it will create another catastrophe for the Yemeni people and a quagmire for the American military: here.
A botched air raid has killed a provincial official in Yemen, and tribesmen have blown up an oil pipeline in retaliation, according to local press reports and the Reuters news agency: here.
Gordon Brown Brown planned troops on the streets after Lehman collapse: here.
On October 25  Gordon Brown accepted £48,803 for a single speech to Alphametrix, a US company which helps rich people invest in hedge funds and other “alternative investments”: here.
- The Confessions of Gordon Brown (talkingbollocks.net)
- Anti-war in Syria demonstrations today (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Ed Miliband: ‘I urged Gordon Brown to sack Damian McBride’ (express.co.uk)
- Emails reveal civil war between Tony Blair and Gordon Brown (telegraph.co.uk)
- Syrian boy, a future interview (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Lord Owen calls for release of Blair and Bush Iraq evidence (theguardian.com)
- David Cameron Blocks Report that Exposes Tony Blair’s Iraq War Crimes (counterinformation.wordpress.com)
- Iraq Inquiry: US blocking publication of Chilcot report on how Britain went to war (belfasttelegraph.co.uk)
- Iraq war inquiry blocked in bid to make Bush-Blair ‘kick ass’ memo public (theguardian.com)