This video is called Assistance for illegal [sic] migrant workers in Italy.
In a recent newspaper interview, a leading German judge, Ingrid Schmidt, has justified sacking workers for the most trivial reasons: here.
Seven immigrant workers died and another three were injured in a devastating fire on Sunday in Prato, a town just north of Florence, the capital of the region of Tuscany. All of the victims were of Chinese origin. They were trapped in their sleep as fire raged through the network of cardboard compartments where they slept in an improvised dormitory located on the factory premises. The workers were employed under the appalling safety and working conditions prevailing in the sweatshops of the town’s Macrolotto industrial district. Garment factories employing mostly immigrant labour in the district provide products for many of Italy’s top brands: here.
- Seven killed in Italian factory fire where workers become trapped inside temporary dormitory (mirror.co.uk)
- Fire Kills at Least Seven in Italian Sweatshop ‘Dormitory’ (truthdig.com)
- Saudi dictatorship’s anti-immigrant worker witch-hunt (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Rough seas delay rescue of 100 migrants off Italy (voiceofrussia.com)
- Anger is rising over attacks on migrants in Saudi Arabia (socialistworker.co.uk)
- ‘The blood of Ethiopians cries out for justice’ (etiohabsha.wordpress.com)
- Immigrants give Italy €1.4 billion tax boost (thelocal.it)
- Italian Police Target Camorra Clans (bitterqueen.typepad.com)