Today, Den Treek Henschoten nature reserve.
Quite some fungi; some frozen and basically dead, while other species are better adapted to winter weather.
Split gill fungi on a branch of a fallen tree.
A species which can survive frost well: Polyporus brumalis.
Great spotted woodpeckers. Two blue tits drinking from a small hole in ice.
Extremotolerance in fungi: evolution on the edge: here.
White bank vole caught by kestrel in Norway: here.
- Favourite mushroom poll (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Fungi equally as effective as pesticides at controlling crop pest (plantwise.org)
- ‘Wildlife-friendly’ kerbs in Scotland (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Decomposers: Fungi (capitolhillscience7.wordpress.com)
- Q&A: Neuroscientist Larry Young on Sex, Drugs & Love Among Voles (healthland.time.com)
- Chap 1 classification of fungi (slideshare.net)