Today, from the forest to the south of the nature reserve, the sound of a great spotted woodpecker making music with a tree branch. An early herald of spring, even though it is freezing today.
This video says about itself:
Great Spotted Woodpecker, female, has wedged a pine cone into a telegraph pole so she can extract seeds easier.
In a garden opposite the reserve: dunnock, blue tit, robin.
- 20 August 2013 (cotswoldwaterpark.wordpress.com)
- A few words on my birds (mindfuldrawing.com)
- I saw or was it heard a Woodpecker (bmorse4434.wordpress.com)
- Garden Watching Upto 07 July 2013 (abbeybirder.wordpress.com)
- Woodpecker Population Rising in Detroit (natureworldnews.com)
- The Pileated Woodpecker : One Big Bird (iseebeautyallaround.com)
- American woodpeckers, nuthatches eat emerald ash borers (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- A Lacy Affair – Woody Woodpecker #3 (myitchyfingers.wordpress.com)
- Green sandpiper from my Upton Warren visit 12 / 08 / 2013 (abbeybirder.wordpress.com)