A major uprising was launched in Uruguay on January 28, 1935 against President Gabriel Terra. The revolt led to fighting between rebel groups and government loyalists in all of the country’s 18 provinces. By January 29, a rebel militia had attacked government troops in the capital of Montevideo: here.
- Marijuana Legalization Vote Passes in Uruguay (webpronews.com)
- Uruguay marijuana bill: UN concerned (bbc.co.uk)
- Uruguay MPs pass cannabis legalisation bill (irishtimes.com)
- Uruguay president defends ‘cutting edge’ pot legalization vote (dailymaverick.co.za)
- Uruguay votes to legalise marijuana (worldbulletin.net)
- Uruguay’s House OKs legal marijuana plan (bigpondnews.com)
- Destination: Montevideo, Uruguay (wertandart.wordpress.com)