This video says about itself:
This is a video highlighting the propaganda and lies told by the Bush administration in order to justify the invasion and occupation of Iraq.
These lies included :
– Iraq supported Al Qaeda and other terrorist groups
– Iraq was developing nuclear weapons
– Iraq had huge quantities of chemical and biological weapons
– Iraq had a fleet of unmanned vehicles to deliver these weapons
– Iraq has failed to destroy its chemical and biological weapons
– Iraq attempted to buy uranium from Africa
– Iraq was amassing these weapons to use against the USA and its allies
– The US security services knew where these weapons were
– The insurgency would be short lived
– The US military were wrong about the number of troops required and Bush/Rumsfeld/Cheney knew best
There were plenty of others …
Recently leaked documents confirm that then-British Prime Minister Tony Blair lied to the British public when he repeatedly denied that he and US President George W. Bush had agreed on war [in Iraq] months before the invasion: here.
Documents leaked to the Telegraph newspaper indicate how severe tensions developed between the British and United States armed forces in Iraq, to the extent that a former British Chief of Staff described relations with his American counterparts as “akin to dealing with a group of Martians”: here.
Loosely based on real events, [the film] The Men Who Stare at Goats concerns itself with a secret US Army attempt to harness extrasensory perception and mental telepathy for military objectives: here.
From Al Jazeera:
The military timetable for war in Iraq did not allow UN weapons inspectors the time to conclude their work, a former British ambassador to the US has told a public inquiry.
Christopher Meyer told a hearing in London on Thursday that because contingency military plans had been decided before inspectors went in, “we found ourselves scrabbling for the smoking gun”.
Condoleezza Rice, then national security adviser to US President Bush, was the first person UK ambassador to the US Christopher Meyer heard mention Iraq on September 11, 2001, he told The Iraq Inquiry yesterday: here.
RICE RAISED THE ISSUE OF SADDAM IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE TWIN TOWERS WERE ATTACKED: here.
From The Independent:
The former British ambassador to the United Nations warned his superiors he might have to resign if the UN Security Council failed to pass a resolution on Iraq, the inquiry into the war heard today.
Sir Jeremy Greenstock said he believed a resolution was essential for the UK to become involved in “internationally legitimate” military action against Saddam Hussein’s regime.
See also here.
The government’s chief legal advisor informed then British prime minister Tony Blair in 2002 that deposing Saddam Hussein would contravene international law, a newspaper reported on Sunday: here.
UK Iraq War Inquiry: Blair Was Told Iraq War Was Illegal, Decided On War In 2002: here.
While the American corporate media has given little attention to it, an official British inquiry into the war with Iraq has brought to light damning testimony about the Bush administration’s deliberate launching of an invasion to overthrow the regime of Saddam Hussein and subjugate Iraq to American domination: here.
The possibility of a war against Iraq was raised in a telephone conversation between George Bush and Tony Blair just days after the September 11 2001 terrorist attacks, a former Downing Street aide has revealed.
Yet another Whitehall official has confirmed that a plot to remove Saddam Hussein was already being hatched in the autumn of 2002, a year before the Iraq invasion.
Iraq Inquiry bombshell: Secret letter to reveal new Blair war lies: here.
The official British inquiry into the Iraq war has provided damning evidence of the Blair government’s collusion in the planning and waging of an illegal war of aggression by the US administration of President George W. Bush: here.
Jane Merrick: The more money Blair makes, the cheaper he becomes: here.
How Bush’s grandfather helped Hitler’s rise to power: here.
Former chief White House counterterrorism adviser Richard Clarke charges that the CIA deliberately concealed the presence in the US of two Al Qaeda members who subsequently participated in the 9/11 terror attacks: here.
- WATCH: Colin Powell Calls Out Cheney For Iraq Mistake (huffingtonpost.com)
- Nathan Gardels: Hans Blix: Whether Obama in Syria or Bush in Iraq, The US Is Not the World Police (huffingtonpost.com)
- Imperial Bombing: UK & US set to ‘Strike’ Syria within Days (21stcenturywire.com)
- UK Spy Warns of Iraq War Disclosures (rinf.com)
- Britain can’t act on Syria till it faces up to the spectre of Iraq | John Kampfner (theguardian.com)