This video from Britain says about itself:
TAKING LIBERTIES is a shocking but hilarious polemic documentary that charts the destruction of all your Basic Liberties under 10 Years of New Labour. Released to coincide with Tony Blair’s departure, the film and the book follow the stories of normal people whose lives have been turned upside down by injustice – from being arrested for holding a placard outside parliament to being tortured in Guantanamo Bay.
From British daily The Morning Star:
Facebook spying plans ‘unworkable’
Wednesday 25 March 2009
by Louise Nousratpour
PRIVACY campaigners attacked government proposals to spy on users of social networking websites as unworkable and “unspeakably offensive” on Wednesday.
Home Office Minister Vernon Coaker has revealed that government monitoring of internet communications may be extended to include “Facebook, Bebo, MySpace and all other similar sites.”
Canada: Facebook Used by Officials to Spy on Welfare Clients: here.
- A Swiss Spy May Have Stolen Millions Of Classified CIA Documents (businessinsider.com)
- Assange: Google, Facebook run “side projects” for US spooks (go.theregister.com)
- Assange: Entire nations now intercepted in total web surveillance (EXCLUSIVE) (rt.com)
- Congress seeks ban on warrantless email, Facebook spying (bizjournals.com)
- Tony Blair’s government ‘gave US permission’ to spy on Britons’ e-mails, phone and internet records (mirror.co.uk)
- Tony Blair let the American NSA Spy on Millions of Britons and Store their Private Data (juancole.com)
- Spying on innocent Britons by US intelligence was allowed by Tony Blair’s government – and still goes on (independent.co.uk)