This video from the USA says about itself:
Stop the torture. Stop the torture flights.
By Robert Stevens:
United Nations condemns US, Britain and other states over rendition
12 March 2009
The document, drafted for the UN General Assembly by Special Rapporteur Martin Scheinen, indicts the US specifically for numerous violations of international law, including the use of torture.
It goes on to state, however, that Washington could not have carried out these crimes without the aid of numerous allies. The help extended to it, moreover, has had the effect of “corrupting the institutional culture of the legal and institutional systems” of many additional countries. And, in some instances, states have used the war on terror to switch from ordinary law enforcement to the use of special intelligence agencies so as to circumvent democratic safeguards.
The British government is seeking to cover up its role in the illegal “extraordinary rendition”—kidnappings and torture—programme run by the United States: here.
- We must shine a light into the dark corners of our secret state (telegraph.co.uk)
- CIA Nominee John Brennan Had Detailed Knowledge of Bush-Era Torture (news.antiwar.com)
- CIA ‘tortured and sodomised’ German prisoner, court rules (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Torture gets its undeserved vindication (abc.net.au)
- How Britain Enthusiastically Teamed Up with Bush’s Horrific Torture and Rendition Agenda (alternet.org)
- CIA director nominee knew about agency’s torture techniques (capitolhillblue.com)
- German Court: Panetta’s CIA Abducted, Tortured, and Sodomized a German Citizen! (politicalvelcraft.org)