This video is called Horrific Brazil Rape Story.
From CNN in the USA:
BRASILIA, Brazil — A doctor excommunicated by the Catholic Church for performing an abortion on a 9-year-old rape victim received a standing ovation during a national convention on women’s health, according to a local media report.
The response came during the opening ceremony of an event hosted by Brazilian Minister of Health Jose Gomes Temporao.
The newspaper O Povo reported that Temporao called on the audience to acknowledge the “brilliant” work done by a medical team in the abortion, performed in Brazil’s northeastern city of Recife.
The girl was pregnant with twins after being raped, allegedly by her stepfather, police were quoted in media reports as saying. The abuse had gone on since the girl was 6, authorities said.
Argentine rape victim, 14, denied abortion. Decision revised later: here.
Capitalism and rape: here.
- Christine Pelosi: Steubenville Reminder: Rape Is Rape (huffingtonpost.com)
- Mamata links rise in rape cases to increase in population (thehindu.com)
- Brazil doctors back abortion reform (bbc.co.uk)
- Will abortion law change help female troops? (stripes.com)
- Another GOP official echoes Todd Akin: Women rarely get pregnant from rape (rawstory.com)
- Steubenville Makes Rape Culture Harder to Deny (rawstory.com)