This video is called Ancient Secrets of Herculaneum.
Ancient Amazon Warrior Statue Resurrected
By LiveScience Staff
posted: 13 January 2009
Laser-scanning and computer graphics are breathing virtual life into a 2,000 year-old statue of an Amazon warrior.
Scientists think the statue represents a wounded Amazon warrior, complete with painted hair and eyes preserved by the ash that buried the town.
“The statue is an incredible find,” said study researcher Mark Williams of the University of Warwick‘s WMG (formerly Warwick Manufacturing Group). “Although its age alone makes it valuable, it is unique because it has retained the original painted surface, preserved under the volcanic material that buried Herculaneum.”
Pompeii a symbol of Italy’s sloppiness: here.
Herculaneum papyrus scrolls: here.
- VIDEO: Secrets in Herculaneum’s sewers (bbc.co.uk)
- Major British Museum exhibition evokes vibrant daily life of doomed Herculaneum and Pompeii (timescolonist.com)
- X-rated exhibition on ‘frozen’ Roman town of Pompeii set to go live (metro.co.uk)
- Pompeii and Herculaneum ~ The Telegraph Coverage (rogueclassicism.com)
- Major show reveals life in Pompeii and Herculaneum (express.co.uk)
- Reuters Video: Pompeii exhibit brings Roman life to London (englishblog.com)
- Pompeii exhibition: Mary Beard on life in Pompeii and Herculaneum (telegraph.co.uk)
- The British Museum Offers Insightful Tour Of Ancient Italy With Herculaneum And Pompeii Exhibition (contactmusic.com)