Yesterday, friends were in the Amsterdamse waterleidingduinen nature reserve near the west coast in the Netherlands.
Some scores of fallow deer.
In a small canal, a big northern pike, standing almost still.
Prehistoric red deer in the Netherlands: here.
- Whooper swan and ibis on Vlieland island (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Northern pikes against invasive pumpkinseed sunfish (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- British mammals, new research (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Wentworth Castle Deer Parkland (josefotography.wordpress.com)
- PIKE – The Fearless Water Wolf (wawangresort.wordpress.com)
- First bittern of the autumn (and a merlin!). (blashfordlakes.wordpress.com)
- Autumn in Richmond Park, Surrey (naturephotographersltd.wordpress.com)