Today, to the nature reserve.
The Hericium erinaceum was still on the tree near the entrance. However, when I saw the fungus for the first time, it was white. Later, it became yellow. Now, it is dark brown. This species also occurs, rarely, in the eastern Netherlands; see also here.
Candlesnuff fungus on small tree trunks.
A jay calling.
- Fascinating Fungi -Muir of Dinnet NNR (muirofdinnetnnr.wordpress.com)
- Fungi and amphibians in the botanical garden (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- A fungus to the rescue (drbausman.wordpress.com)
- Magical Mushrooms, Mischievous Molds, by George W. Hudler (bfgb.wordpress.com)
- Laser Treatment For Toenail Fungus Shows Promise (allabouthealthandfitnessblog.wordpress.com)
- Fungi vital to health of an ecosystem (readingeagle.com)
- Plants Communicate via Symbiotic Root Fungi (philosophers-stone.co.uk)
- Neil DeGrasse Tyson describes the joys of zombie insect fungi and you (rawstory.com)
- Won’t you take me to … Fungi Town (kingparrotcreekenvironmentgroup.wordpress.com)
- Autumn Fungi and Lichens (alvecotewood.wordpress.com)