This is called Blue Morpho and Owl Butterfly. ‘Video of these two beautiful species taken at the Gainesville Butterfly Rain Forest’.
The butterfly house is new for Artis. Hundreds, maybe thousands, of beautiful butterflies flying around in the hothouse temperature. Mainly tropical butterflies like blue morphos and owl butterflies; but also monarchs.
After the rain stops, we see some wild birds flying free: night herons. This species is very rare in the Netherlands. However, there is a small breeding colony of them in this zoo, near water.
In the water, gibbons live on an island. Ring-necked parakeets flying around.
- Dutch dragonfly and butterfly news (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Butterflies (njphotographs.wordpress.com)
- Hackberry Emperor Butterfly (wingedbeauty.com)
- Turning problems into solutions: Land management as a key to countering butterfly declines (eurekalert.org)
- Colorado’s Butterfly Pavilion (coloradotravelingducks.com)
- The entire alphabet, photographed on butterfly wings (io9.com)
- ‘Never settle for anything less than butterflies’ (theproposalsite.wordpress.com)
- We did it: Butterfly House Owls and Orchids (stlmotherhood.com)
- This Alphabet Is Made Entirely From Letters Found On Butterfly Wings (fastcocreate.com)