This video is called Tbilisi, Georgia Police State Takes Down News Network.
From British daily The Guardian:
Putin made his remarks in a meeting with the leader of Kazakhstan, Nursultan Nazarbayev, on the sidelines of the Olympic games in Beijing. Nazarbayev’s reply raised the possibility that other former Soviet states could come in on Russia’s side in the conflict.
See also here.
South Ossetia leader says 1,400 killed in conflict: here.
- Georgian President Slams Russia, Ivanishvili In Strasbourg (rferl.org)
- S. Ossetian political prisoners remain in Georgian jails despite amnesty (rinf.com)
- ‘Happier times’ remembered… (bloomberg.com)
- Once again, Russia and Georgia try to find common ground (rbth.ru)
- Georgian officials respond to Russian FM statements (nzweek.com)