This video from CNN in Hawaii says about itself:
An oceanic visitor of Laniakea Beach, Kuhena the turtle paid his respects to his murdered Hawaiian Sea Turtle friend, Honey Girl.
“Science often discourages attribution of human motivation or behavior in animals – this story provides a different perspective.”
These are green turtles.
The Life Cycle of Hawaii’s Green Sea Turtles: here.
- The magnificent Honu (Sea Turtles) of Hawaii (hualalaihale.wordpress.com)
- Historical data suggests Hawaiian sea turtle recovery is limited (newswatch.nationalgeographic.com)
- Techy Turtles – Ningaloo Turtle Tracking (ecocitizenaustralia.com.au)
- Share the Beach volunteers find first sea turtle nest of 2013 west of Gulf Shores (al.com)
- 4 Endangered Green Sea Turtles En Route to Hospital (nbcmiami.com)
- Kemp’s Ridley Sea Turtles Released In Mississippi: Five Of The World’s Most Endangered Sea Turtles Rehabilitated For A Year (latinospost.com)
- Why are Sea Turtles Endangered (wanttoknowit.com)
- Sea turtles benefiting from protected areas (sciencedaily.com)