This video is called US troops kill civilians in Afghanistan, people protest.
From British daily The Independent:
By Leonard Doyle in Washington
Saturday, 12 July 2008
The attack took place in the eastern province of Nangarhar when survivors say aircraft bombed a convoy bringing a bride to her new husband’s village. After the bombing, the US military released a statement saying it had been targeting a large group of Taliban militants.
After first claiming that there were no civilians in the area the US announced its own inquiry into the incident.
But Afghan investigators were unequivocal. “I reject the coalition statement saying that all those killed were militants,” said Burhanullah Shinwari. The deputy speaker of the upper house told Reuters: “There aren’t any Taliban or al-Qa’ida even several kilometres near to where the air strike took place.”He spoke after attending prayer ceremonies for the 47 victims in the provincial capital, Jalalabad.