This morning, the young great spotted woodpeckers in the tree got a visit from their father.
Later, a juvenile avocet. And two redshanks mating.
Then, a spoonbill, and adult avocets.
This is my last evening on bicycle through the farmland, with black-tailed godwits flying closely overhead. I will remember this place fondly.
- Woodpecker and blackbird back at the balcony (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Great spotted woodpecker on the balcony (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Ian’s Bird of the Week – Common Redshank (leesbird.com)
- Country diary: Wenlock Edge: Insect life bursts from the shadows for a one-last-time party (guardian.co.uk)
- Wildlife paradise in an industrial landscape (tammytourguide.wordpress.com)