This video is about the US Bush’s administration’s secret CIA prisons.
By Patrick Martin:
Red Cross confirms Bush administration, CIA used torture in interrogations
A confidential report by the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) suggests that Bush administration officials may have committed war crimes in the operation of CIA “secret prisons” overseas, according to a lengthy analysis published on the web site of the New Yorker magazine Sunday.
The Red Cross report concluded that the methods used in the CIA interrogation of alleged 9/11 terrorist Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and other Al Qaeda prisoners were “tantamount to torture” and that Bush administration officials had likely committed “grave breaches” of the Geneva Conventions.
The article by Jane Mayer, entitled “The Black Sites,” is the product of a series of interviews with former CIA officers involved in operating the agency’s secret prisons overseas, agents who directly participated in torture sessions and apparently concluded that the methods they were employing were either immoral or counterproductive, or both.
The New Yorker has become one of the principal conduits for dissent within the military/intelligence apparatus directed against the policies of the Bush White House. Mayer’s colleague, Seymour Hersh, wrote the first extensive report on the abuse of prisoners at the US military prison at Abu Ghraib, near Baghdad, as well as a series of exposés about US preparations for a military strike against Iran.
See also here.
- CIA Denies Broadwell’s Claim That Agency Held Detainees in Libya (news.antiwar.com)
- Whistleblower John Kiriakou Revealed CIA Torture, Now Sentenced to Prison (opposingviews.com)
- U.S. Torture Program Architects Must Face Justice (my.firedoglake.com)
- FOCUS: Damn Right, George Bush Should Face Criminal Proceedings (readersupportednews.org)
- U.S. military judge: ‘Torture’ is not ‘relevant’ in Guantanamo cases (rawstory.com)
- Rewarding Impunity – By David Cole (foreignpolicy.com)
- | Torture Survivors Ask UN: What’s the Point of Having Laws Against Torture if They Don’t Apply to the Powerful? (truthaholics.wordpress.com)
- Dear Barack: Stop terrorizing the planet (salon.com)