It seems like now that in Afghanistan, even pro United States president Hamid Karzai has expressed anger on the massive killing of Afghan civilians by United States armed forces and their allies, someone in the US hierarchy thought, let’s kill civilians in Pakistan for a change.
As if not already enough people die there by the Bush administration’s support for dictator Musharraf … however, there seems to be a glaring gap between support for a dictator and respect for his country‘s borders and for the lives of his subjects …
From ANI news agency:
Peshawar, June 24: US-led coalition forces’ fighter jets and helicopters fired missiles and bombs along with mortar shelling from Afghanistan‘s territory into Pakistan‘s tribal areas, killing at least 33 people in South and North Waziristan.
Apart from the human losses, the bombing and shelling destroyed about two dozen houses, damaged vehicles and killed cattle-heads. The dead included several women and children, The News reported.
Villagers and tribal sources described the jets as B-52 bombers and the helicopters as Apache, both US-manufactured and used by the US forces deployed in Afghanistan.
See also here.
- Pervez Musharraf misses court date for treason trial (theguardian.com)
- Pervez Musharraf misses third court date in treason trial (theguardian.com)
- Pakistan’s Musharraf fails to appear in court after bomb found near his home (thestar.com)
- Exclusive! Who killed Benazir Bhutto? (rediff.com)
- Musharraf is No-Show at Treason Hearing (newsweekpakistan.com)
- Pakistan’s Musharraf taken to hospital instead of treason hearing (cbc.ca)
- ‘Conscious’ Musharraf taken to military hospital (itv.com)