This video is from Brazil:
From AFP news agency:
China to make Cuban dengue mosquito killer
According to the agreement, China will defray the cost of building the factory in China, and Cuban Labiofam scientists will provide the technology and know-how to build it.
Cuba will purchase six million units annually of the insecticide, and China will donate another half million to Cuba, the statement said.
Cuba suffered four dengue outbreaks during 1977-2002. In the most recent outbreak 14,524 cases were reported between June 2001 and March 2002, including 81 cases of dengue haemorrhagic fever, three of which were fatal.
Dengue fever is found in the tropics throughout the world, and the World Health Organization estimates there could be some 50 million cases each year, and 500,000 cases of more dangerous dengue haemorrhagic fever.
The Aedes aegypti mosquito likewise causes 200,000 cases of yellow fever a year, resulting in 30,000 deaths, 95 percent of them in Africa.
Cuba, the only country that produces Bactivec, struck a similar deal in 2000 with Amazonas state in Brazil, which produces and sells the biolarvicide to other countries.
See also here.
Fear is gripping people in Sri Lanka about an uncontrolled outbreak of deadly dengue fever spreading throughout the country. According to official statistics updated on Sunday, during the first six and half months of this year, 103,114 suspected dengue cases were reported. At least 290 people have died from the disease: here.
- Dengue Fever….. (bellahdengidisease.wordpress.com)
- Dengue Fever Cases in Florida Confirmed (blogs.browardpalmbeach.com)
- South China reports 63 dengue fever cases (theglobaldispatch.com)
- US: 3 local dengue cases in Florida (crofsblogs.typepad.com)
- Dengue outbreak alert (dominicanewsonline.com)
- Singapore dengue outbreak tops 12,000 cases (theglobaldispatch.com)
- Three dengue fever cases confirmed in TC (wptv.com)
- Dengue fever sweeps southeast Asia (crofsblogs.typepad.com)
- Dengue fever may convert into epidemic (nation.com.pk)